PLEASE HELP WITH LIVE SPACES--MUSIC
NSANE FOOTWEAR
2008-05-22 16:35:00 UTC
WHEN I COPY MY PLAYLIST TO LIVE LIVE SPACE, IT DOES NOT PLAY. IT DOES SHOW MY WHOLE PLAYLIST, BUT HAS NO OPTIONS TO LISTEN... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, SOME HELP PLEASE :(
StephenB
2008-05-22 23:44:33 UTC
Post by NSANE FOOTWEAR
WHEN I COPY MY PLAYLIST TO LIVE LIVE SPACE, IT DOES NOT PLAY. IT DOES SHOW MY WHOLE PLAYLIST, BUT HAS NO OPTIONS TO LISTEN... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, SOME HELP PLEASE :(
The Playlist feature in Windows Live Spaces is not a player control it is a
simple list of songs that can be rated by your visitors.
From Spaces Help at http://help.live.com -

Upload a Windows Media Player playlist and create a music list index
After you add a music list to your space, you can upload Microsoft Windows Media
Player playlists. For more information about adding a music list to your space,
see About creating lists. If you create multiple music lists, you can add a
music list index with links to each music list on your space.

Important
You must have a music list on your space before you can upload a Windows Media
Player playlist. For more information, see Create a list.

Upload a Windows Media Player playlist
You must have the latest version of Microsoft Windows Media Player and Microsoft
Internet Explorer 6 or Windows Internet Explorer 7 installed on your computer
before you can upload a playlist.
Make sure that you've signed in (To sign in with your Windows Live ID, click
Sign in in the upper-right corner.) to Windows Live Spaces.
In the Music list module, click Edit list.

–or–

In the Music lists index module, click Add a music list.

Under Music, click Copy a playlist from Windows Media Player.
Click Yes.
Select the playlist that you want to upload.
Click Next.
Clear the check box next to each song that you don't want to include in the
music list.
Click Save.

Upload a Windows Media Player playlist (Windows Vista only)
On your Windows Vista desktop, click the Start button, and then point to All
Programs.
Right-click Internet Explorer, and then click Run as administrator. If prompted,
provide your Administrator ID and password.
In the address bar of the new Internet Explorer window, paste the following web
address: http://spaces.live.com.
Press ENTER.
In the same Internet Explorer window, click Sign in.
Type your Windows Live ID (The user name and password that you use to sign in to
any Windows Live, MSN, or Office Live sites and services. If you have a Passport
Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID.)
and password, and then click Sign in.
In the same Internet Explorer window, in the Music list module, click Edit list.
In the same Internet Explorer window, under Music, click Copy a playlist from
Windows Media Player.
In the same Internet Explorer window, click Yes.
In the same Internet Explorer window, select the playlist that you want to
upload.
In the same Internet Explorer window, click Next.
In the same Internet Explorer window, clear the check box next to each song that
you don't want to include in the music list.
Click Save.
Important
You must add a playlist from Windows Media Player to your space in the same
Internet Explorer window. If you do not add a Music playlist to your space at
this time, and you close the Internet Explorer window, the playlist will not be
created correctly.

Add a music list index
Make sure that you've signed in (To sign in with your Windows Live ID, click
Sign in in the upper-right corner.) to Windows Live Spaces.
Click the Customize menu, and then click Add modules.
Under Photos, music, and video, next to Music lists index, click Show.
Click Close tab.
Click Save.

-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
***@mvps.org
katielou
2008-06-05 01:11:00 UTC
im having the exact same problem!!!! i would really like to listen to my music what do i do? :(