windows live messenger
Terry
2010-05-03 16:39:28 UTC
I have recently acquired a laptop running windows 7 and consequently am
using live mail. However, recently whenever I boot up, windows messenger log
in screen pops up and I don't know how to stop this. I have no intention of
using live messenger and it is aggravating to keep having to close this
window every time I boot up. Any suggestion?

with thanks

Terry
StephenB
2010-05-03 23:16:34 UTC
You can uninstall Windows Live Messenger - in Control Panel/Programs, select
Windows Live Essentials and uncheck the programs you wish to remove.
Alternatively, open Messenger, sign in with your LiveID AND go to
Toools/Options/Sign-in and uncheck the options to run at windows Start.

For you info, you posted to a dead newsgroup that has nothing to do with
Messenger or Mail.

Help and Support for Windows Live Messenger (downloaded from
http://download.live.com) can be found here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=2 and it can also be discussed
here:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger&cat=en_us_0f43cf19-5af1-4912-9a55-f5ff1f9fd904&lang=en&cr=us

Help and support for Windows Live Mail (downloaded from
http://download.live.com) can be found here -
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15

Discussion for Windows Live Mail can also be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&cat=en_US_0405EAE1-3A5E-559F-59E6-B48513D5B57E&lang=en&cr=US

-steve
--
Stephen Boots