Windows Installer
Dawn
2008-06-06 23:33:00 UTC
Every time I start my Computer or click on anything I get Windows Installer preparing to install, then it trys to install then i get Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 window then i get a nother window installation error file not found. "I'm not trying to install it" It's a program that came on the computer when i bought it. PLease how to I stop this? I have gone to add and remove programs and there is no option to remove it. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Robert Aldwinckle
2008-06-08 03:30:56 UTC
Always disclose your OS when you are asking for help.
That way someone with the same configuration may be
more tempted to reply. Also, when the question doesn't
apply to the newsgroup it is asked in, as this one is, it will
be possible to forward you to a more appropriate newsgroup.

Alternatively you might get some help from the Office Update newsgroup. Cross-posting there to give you
somewhere else more appropriate to look in.

I see you are posting through some kind of web interface
to newsgroups. So you might not even be able to see
a list of cross-posted newsgroups...

Try this link to your post if you don't see the cross-post
on my reply using your view of it. Otherwise just drill down
to officeupdate using the menu on the left.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.customdomains.techsupport.com&mid=1f904462-2268-419e-96d6-693e15340327&sloc=en-us

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---