Windows Live messenger losing messages. Freezing.
Adam
2007-11-16 22:38:01 UTC
I and others have noticed lost messages while using various versions of Messenger. The only way we discover messages have been lost is by conversation context. This has occurred on office and home PCs, friends PC's and internet shops. From North America and while living and traveling in Asia for 2 years. So it hasn't been isolated to just one PC or system configuration.

Another problem is Messenger freezing on occasion and staying memory resident. I won't know it's frozen till I try to open it. Opening it again it will load but not display any windows or be accessible just stay memory resident. If the former frozen messenger session was not forcibly closed from the task manager you'll now have two in memory. I will not be able to open and use Messenger Live till i restart Windows. This had plagued be daily for some time and stopped but recently started again after some Windows updates a few days ago.

Any help or hints greatly appreciated

-Adam
unknown
2009-11-18 00:43:39 UTC
It's a bug that has been affecting many people. I am currently switching to Trillian as I hear that it does not have the same problem. It's a bug in the latest WLM software.

anonymou wrote:

Windows Live messenger losing messages. Freezing.
16-Nov-07

[...]

On Friday, November 16, 2007 5:38 PM
anonymou wrote:

[...]

ASP.NET Remote Scripting, Yes! AJAX, NOT!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5b47ab25-8dbb-4d6e-9bec-413cc4725d38/aspnet-remote-scripting.aspx