Change MSN Live sign in ID?
Jeff-007
2008-05-02 12:58:00 UTC
Hello,

I currently have a hotmail address associated with my windows live sign ID, i.e. the one I use to sign in to Messenger with. I desperately want to change it to a new email address. I never use the old hotmail one for mail, or anything else. I don't want to have to export contacts and create a new account and then import all my contacts again, etc. I simply want to be able to change the ID, then close out my old hotmail account. It seems that Live had a function similar to this, but it is not open to people with @hotmail.com addresses???? I am even prepared to pay or upgrade my account to a pay account, if this is necessary to accomplish what I want to do.

Help is greatly appreciated. I sure many of you can relate to the "too many email addresses" phenomenon, and also wish to consolidate them down to one or two addresses.

Thanks
StephenB
2008-05-02 18:00:25 UTC
See this site for your procedure:
http://www.windowslive.com/liveID/default.html

-steve
Hello,
--
Stephen Boots
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live
***@mvps.org
Jim
2008-05-16 00:23:03 UTC
the link with the procedure is bad. Am I able to merge my hotmail account with my live account? I don't use hotmail except that's what I used when I purchased some Zune DRM songs. I'd rather use my live ID, but can't see a way to transfer the Zune song rights to my new account.
Ryan
2008-05-06 09:10:01 UTC
hi