Need understandong about Hackers
goldpony
2008-07-18 21:51:10 UTC
I think my computer had been hacked and I would like to know how I can tell
and find out who did it? Can anyone help me? I have a Window Vista and I
use Windows Mail. Please no sarcasm remark. I'm doing the best that I can
to explain what I'm looking for. I was previously terminated from my job
about a month ago and I found out that my former boss may have hacked my PC
from home. He showed me a letter that I know he could have never possible
know of. I need to know how to found out how I can tell if he did or not.
Lauria
StephenB
2008-07-19 11:34:09 UTC
Post by goldpony
I think my computer had been hacked and I would like to know how I can tell
and find out who did it? Can anyone help me? I have a Window Vista and I
use Windows Mail. Please no sarcasm remark. I'm doing the best that I can
to explain what I'm looking for. I was previously terminated from my job
about a month ago and I found out that my former boss may have hacked my PC
from home. He showed me a letter that I know he could have never possible
know of. I need to know how to found out how I can tell if he did or not.
This newsgroup is a "ghost" of a group that has been closed. It was a web forum
for Windows Live Custom Domains.

I think that your best bet to discuss this would be over at the web forums here:
http://aumha.net/ where they are pretty good with dealing with security
questions.

If you are referring to your boss having the ability to "hack" your computer at
the office or a work computer that you brought home, then, yes that is possible.

If you mean that it was your personal PC at home, then I think it unlikely,
though it could be possible.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots